Saturday 15 December 2018

4ASU: Expressing opinions, agreement and disagremment


 EXPRESSING AGREEMENT
I (completely / really / totally / absolutely / honestly / truly) agree with you (on that)
I really think / believe so, too.
I couldn’t agree more.
I have come to the same conclusion.
I hold the same opinion.
I have no objection whatsoever.
I see what you mean and I (must) agree with you.
I see it that way, too.
I share your opinion / view.
I was just going to say that.
You’re (completely / totally / absolutely) right.
You have a point there.
You’ve made a good point.
We are of one mind (on…)

PARTIAL AGREEMENT
I agree with you up to a point. 
I see what you mean, but… 
That idea is OK, but… 
I understand that, but… 
 
EXPRESSING DISAGREEMENT
 I’m afraid…I’m sorry but… 
You may be right, but… 
That might be true, but… 
I don’t agree with you on that / what you say. 
I don’t think you’re right. 
I don’t share your view. 
I think otherwise. 
I take a different view. 
I believe your argument doesn’t hold water. 
I´m not sure I agree with you. 
that doesn’t make much sense to me. 
That’s not always the case 
That’s not always / necessarily true.
https://keepsmilingenglish.com/grammar/expressing-opinions-agreement-and-disagreement/

No comments:

Post a Comment